Team Building sessions for your team ensure that you have a well bonded team that is motivated to deliver on their different assignments. It takes lots of planning and careful execution to have a great team session for your team.
Here are five tips to help you plan and execute an awesome session for your team.
1. Set clear objectives for your team
This is the bottom line of your team building session. They help you determine a lot from who gets to participate and facilitate the team sessions. You can get this by doing a needs assessment for your team. It will help you why you need to have a team building session.
2. Set a time line for executing every tasks
This will help you have a clear plan and know what to do when. When do we have the team building? By when should we have paid for what? What will be needed at what time? Such questions and more are answered when you have a time line.
3. Draw a budget for anything needed
This is normally the elephant in the room. This will determine the number of participants, facilitators you will need. A budget basically determines your chosen location, mode of transport and activities for the day. It’s imperative to work within your budget estimates.
4. Get a professional team building facilitator
This ensures that your team have the best sessions that will fulfill your set objectives. A great professional will advise on best locations and programs based on your set objectives. An event can be good or great and that’s a choice you have to make.
5. Have a clear logistics checklist
After all elements have been decided, you can focus on the smaller day-of logistics surrounding your event. Putting together a detailed checklist help prevent important things from falling through the cracks on the day and give you a peace of mind.
A few items to consider on your logistics checklist may include
• Transportation, will it personal of company provided
• Food & Drinks, pot-luck or venue will provide?
• Liability Waivers for certain venue and activities
• Accommodation if needed
• What to wear in terms of clothing?
• Special Circumstances – Any arrangements needed for employees with disabilities, injuries, special needs etc.
Last but not least it’s great to have an open heart to bond and learn with your team!